Saturday, April 2, 2016

Functional Forum and Bernie's Headquarters too!!

Hello Schwartz Living Market Fans! This is a REAL BLOG entry! Not just an announcement about an upcoming event, but a behind the scenes Synchronicity STORY too!!! First the announcement:

Join us this coming Monday evening, April 4, 2016 and every first Monday of the Month for James Maskell's LIVE STREAMING Functional Forums.  This month's Forum is Streaming from San Francisco! The event runs from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The LIVE Streaming is from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM with Q&A following from 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Socializing, Snacking and Networking from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Registration link and more details here: http://meetup.functionalforum.com/pittsburgh-pa/

Where? Schwartz Living Market, 1317 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Free parking behind the Venue across Bingham Street for attendees! This month we'll be meeting in the space behind the GIANT BERNIE Banner!

So here's the BLOG part of this post:

A week ago Saturday, I was planning a few outings. Part of my plan was to stay away from my electronic devices including my desk top computer. But then I realized I needed to figure out the address of where I was going that afternoon. I was planning to attend a Native American Spring Equinox Ceremony and I did not have the address. So you know how it happens...I googled the event, the address, and then decided to quickly check my e-mail before leaving the house....

And there was an e-mail from a friend of mine with a note: Elisa...I think your Schwartz Living Market Venue would be perfect for this: And there it was, a forwarded Bernie Sanders for President Newsletter announcing the need for a space for the Pittsburgh Bernie Sanders Headquarters.
Requirements listed were:
1) 2,000 to 3,000 square feet
2) Open space for meetings/gatherings
3) Preferably a Bernie Supporter

Check, Check, Check...All three requirements met, so I sent an e-mail to the scout. He called me within 10 minutes. I had not yet left my home. He asked if he could see the space. I said, "Sure, ", "How about tomorrow, I asked? He said, "How about this afternoon?" And so it goes, I met him in the space two hours later. We spent an hour and a half going over details.. He videoed the space and said he'd let me know. I walked around the block to the parking lot, got into my car and began to text to my husband when all of a sudden, Alex, the scout knocked on my car window. When I opened the window, he put his thumb up and said, "It's a GO!"

Talk about fast action and synchronicity. So that's the back story of how 1317 East Carson Street become the Official Bernie Sanders for President Official Headquarters...Hey that's my synchronicity story for today! Next time I decide to blog on synchronicity, I'll talk about why and how the energy we've created in the space at 1317 East Carson Street attracted the Bernie campaign, and how our process at Schwartz Living Market has been an example of a Transition Town, Living Building Challenge, Permaculture Based Project from the start, and how that ties in with the Bernie Sanders campaign, and why it is so important to educate the masses about how wise Bernie is and why it is so important to elect him as the next President! Our process at 1317 East Carson Street has been all about transforming culture, our inner and outer ecosystems and morphing ourselves and our built environments into spaces for healthful living! Yee Hah!

Happy April, Many Blessings, and I hope to see you down on the South Side!

Elisa Beck:)
LIKE Schwartz Living Market on Facebook!
http://1317eastcarson.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment